2.1 to 5.1

SAAER45

I've have a Dell with the standard speakers it comes with. I'm looking to buy a Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker. Is there something I need to look for on my computer, (like cable inputs) to make sure that it is good for 5.1 speakers instead of 2.1?

vortmax

your sound card needs to have provisions for the extra channels. Either analog front and surround ports or a digital coax port (if your speakers support digital)

bigsaucybob

u can still use the 5.1 speakers with ur intergrated soudn but it just wont utiliza the 5.1 feature as it wuld with a sound card. if u can afford to spend an extra 140 dollars i highly recoomend that u purchse the creative x-fi xtrememusic sound card. i own it and i love it and its really great sound quality.

vortmax

look at the back of your card. My integrated card on my Nforce2 mother board has digital coax and 4 channel analog. The new Nforce4 boards have onboard 7.1 sound. You need to look and see what you have

spamdos

you might get lucky and have 5.1 onboard sound, if not a soundcard is probably worth it. i have those speakers and i love them!!!