2 as 1

m0nk3ys1ms

Ok, so tomorrow I have a 40GB Maxtor Diamondmax coming. I have a 10GB Seagate in my computer now with XP installed. How can I set it to where Windows recognizes these drives as one, instead of two seperate drives.

Motoxrdude

You are talking about raid, but i cant remember if it is raid0 or raid1, or either. Check the raid101s.

Geoff

VIP Member
Motoxrdude said:
You are talking about raid, but i cant remember if it is raid0 or raid1, or either. Check the raid101s.
RAID 0 is combining.

The only way to combine drives is to RAID them, im not sure if it will work with two different drives, since its meant for use with identical drives. If it does, it will only see the 40gb as a 10gb.

m0nk3ys1ms

Motoxrdude said:

i had asked my uncle about it and he had mentioned something about raid, but i wasnt 100% sure about what he meant, ill check out raid 101

Geoff

VIP Member
monkeysims said:
so do i need something that can do a software raid?
You need a RAID controller in order to have RAID. If your have a fairly new motherboard, odds are it has built-in RAID, if not then you have to buy a controller.