2 cards, pick the best

Hsv_Man

I have seen both cards in action and it is of my opinion that you would be better with the ati 4890 no game that i have seen on it has troubled it thats gta 4, grid, crysis and most of the new games.

Ihatethedukes

I don't know what all these people are saying 'hands down". The 260 is a 55nm version with 216sp....

It's pretty damn close. I'd probably get the 4890 solely because the IQ is a little better IMO.

kyleswitch

I don't know what all these people are saying 'hands down". The 260 is a 55nm version with 216sp....

It's pretty damn close. I'd probably get the 4890 solely because the IQ is a little better IMO.

If you picked the 4890, what are you complaining about, since I'm the one that said "hands down"?

I've used both, I know which is better based on performance in my opinion. And with past history to show, the 4890 does just perform that much better to make it worth while.

kyleswitch

Where? I see them being mostly even in the couple of reviews I looked at.

Benchmarks from people on this forum, me personally, MaximumPC magazine, a couple places.

And by the way, I think you and me arguing is just helping you get closer to 100 posts so you can legit your score in the 3DMark06 thread so people can shut up and stop being jealous of you :)

Ihatethedukes

Nah, I've got my HWbot points, being high on here isn't terribly important to me. If it was I'd have done it on stock settings, higher than 4.0Ghz on the CPU and made for damn sure that I had it pristine. That being said. I really want to see these benchmarks. I ran 4870s and 260 196sp versions in previous rigs and I saw very little difference between the two performance wise. I know the 4890 is faster than the 4870 but so is the 216sp 260 over my 196sp ones.

Gooberman

the only thing that's closer to the 4890 would be the GTX275 which have 240sp and higher clocks vs the 260

spynoodle

Benchmarks from people on this forum, me personally, MaximumPC magazine, a couple places.

And by the way, I think you and me arguing is just helping you get closer to 100 posts so you can legit your score in the 3DMark06 thread so people can shut up and stop being jealous of you :)
I'm going to add www.videocardbenchmark.net to your benchmark list as well. On that site it gets a significantly faster benchmark, in my opinion. It depends how you define "significantly," but 248 points is still pretty big by any standard.