2 computers 1 mouse 1 keyboard

rjr

I tried a KVM switch but it seems to require 1 monitor. Is there such a thing as a double pole single throw on/on USB switch?

Troncoso

VIP Member
I'm not sure what you are asking? You can use the program synergy, to control 2 or more PC's with just one mouse and keyboard.

rjr

The KVM had the older multi pin connector the monitors have the newer white block.

My goal is to separate the computer with sensitive company files from the internet. Since I still need the internet to communicate with customers, and there are files or information I still need to send I want 2 monitors. Having 2 keyboards and mouses on my desk is an aggravation so I would like to get rid of one set without linking the 2 computers. I can accept having to sneaker net files in the interest of security

A single throw double pole ON/ON usb switch would ( I think) allow me to attach the mouse and keyboard via switch to both computers

Last edited:

Drenlin

^ Right. Just don't hook the monitors through the KVM switch. Plug the monitors into their respective computers like normal, leaving only the mouse and keyboard in the switch, and viola, you have your on/on switch.