2 cpu and wireless network problems

tompouce

Hi!

I have 2 computers.

One connected by a RJ45 wire from my MOTOROLA SURFBOARD SB4100.
And one from the USB cable output of the same modem ^^.

The one with the rj45 is working fine.

But the one with the usb cable is "working" but I must configure a static IP for it.

I tried many settings, diffrent ips (like the one from the RJ45 computer)

So I want to ask you, how could I set these settings ? (where do I get the right ips...)

My ISP is SATNET, from Guayaquil, Ecuador.

Thanks a lot!

Trizoy

VIP Member
If you mean you hooked both computers up to the same modem, you cannot do that. If the modem is a hybrid, partially a router.. it is ok.

Again, if it is only a MODEM, you cannot use BOTH the ethernet port and the USB.
In this case you would need a router for both computers to work.

Geoff

VIP Member
If you mean you hooked both computers up to the same modem, you cannot do that. If the modem is a hybrid, partially a router.. it is ok.

Again, if it is only a MODEM, you cannot use BOTH the ethernet port and the USB.
In this case you would need a router for both computers to work.

I was able to use both on my computer, and I believe I was able to have one computer connect via USB and one connect via RJ45 as well, and it worked without a problem.

tompouce

[-0MEGA-];574546 said:
I was able to use both on my computer, and I believe I was able to have one computer connect via USB and one connect via RJ45 as well, and it worked without a problem.

Yeah thats what I was doing before, but now it doesnt works anymore...
Because I reinstalled it all, so i lost my settings...

Geoff

VIP Member
I just had DHCP set to auto, as well as the computers IP settings, and it assigned a different IP to both the USB and RJ45.