2 Different fans on a cooler?

PCunicorn

I have 2 different fans on my 212 Evo. One is slightly higher powered than the other. Just slightly. They are both intaking air, the bottom one intakes and the top one intakes from the bottom. This isn't messing anything up, is it? The one being higher powered than the other?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Not suppost to have both fans as a intake. One blows in, the other blows out. That way you get air flow through the heatsink. If they are both intakes then they are blowing against each other.

Aastii

VIP Member
You have static or at least slow moving air between the fins of the heatsink right now which you don't want, you want the air to pass through to take the heat away. Turn one fan around, preferably so it blows from bottom to top or front to back depending on how you have the HSF orientated

PCunicorn

Not suppost to have both fans as a intake. One blows in, the other blows out. That way you get air flow through the heatsink. If they are both intakes then they are blowing against each other.

Yes, that is what I mean. That's how I put them as. Bottom to top. I am just wondering if it's a problem if one is 80 CFM and the other is 82.9?

Last edited: