2 Display

amh38

Hey guys,

I am using 2 monitors on my dell vista pc. My main monitor (new monitor) is running fine but my old monitor (flat screen from my old computer) keeps not centering the picture. Everytime I turn it off it makes the picture off center and thus I can't really do anything with it until I manually adjust it in the settings. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advanced!

-Alex

sniperchang

Hey guys,

I am using 2 monitors on my dell vista pc. My main monitor (new monitor) is running fine but my old monitor (flat screen from my old computer) keeps not centering the picture. Everytime I turn it off it makes the picture off center and thus I can't really do anything with it until I manually adjust it in the settings. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advanced!

-Alex

This might be a problem with the actual monitor. You could check it on another computer, or disconnect the newer monitor to see if it's a problem with the dual-display setup, or the monitor itself.

amh38

It once worked...?

The monitor worked until about 3 days ago and I didn't change anything in the meantime. So I don't think it is the monitor itself. Someone help. Thanks.

-Alex

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Sometimes this happens with VGA cables, the image appears "off screen". Most panels have some kind of "Auto config" button that will center the picture, though I'd suggest trying a DVI cable if possible.

amh38

I figured it out!

My background had black at the top and sides so it got confused with the pictuer and where it should be centered (this is my guess at least). Ichanged my background and it was fine.

Thanks!

-Alex