2 monitors

BobbyWhiskey

how can i put 2 monitors on my computer... i got a integrated card so di u have to get a second graphic card and plug them?
and if i get another card but a really sucky one, will it really sux for one screen only or for the 2?

Bear

You would need a video adapter that supports multiple monitors, what version of Windows are you running?

BobbyWhiskey

my graphic card accept multiple monitors and i run WinXP pro...
but i wanted to know if i could do it without getting a second video card :confused:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
if you have 2 video out connections on the back of your computer you don't need a second video card. if not, you will

BobbyWhiskey

and if i add a really sucky video card ( Rage 128 pro ) will i get a really sucky screen and a good one or 2 sucky?
will it affect games?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
very few games will span monitors. you will get 1 not so good monitor using dual cards, although for just 2d desktop extending you shouldn't notice too much of a difference

Bobo

banned
BobbyWhiskey said:
my graphic card accept multiple monitors and i run WinXP pro...
but i wanted to know if i could do it without getting a second video card :confused:

You said you had interated graphics

BobboWhiskey said:
i got a integrated card so di u have to get a second graphic card and plug them?

:confused:

But yes, you would have to have a gfx that supports dual monitors

Eklipze3k

1x VGA or DVI out on the back of the machine = 1 screen
More than 1 VGA or DVI out = More than one screen ... in theory (SLi appears to be a bit more complex but that's another story)

Basically that means that you will most likely have to either buy another GFX card or just a better one which will do 2 monitors on it's own ... if you have integrated graphics, the latter would certainly be your best option.

BobbyWhiskey

ok but i can put 2 monitors... when i set up my resolution and everytihng i can choose between 2 monitors... the one i use and a new one... how can i just get another one??i just have to put another graphic card and plug one on the new and one on the mobo?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
and if I add a really sucky video card ( Rage 128 pro ) will I get a really sucky screen and a good one or 2 sucky?
1. Define "sucky"
2. what exactly are you doing on these screens?

will it affect games?
Yes

very few games will span monitors.
I can only thing of FS200x

But yes, you would have to have a gfx that supports dual monitors
Not if the integrated supports dual outputs :)

ok but I can put 2 monitors... when I set up my resolution and everytihng I can choose between 2 monitors... the one I use and a new one... how can I just get another one??i
Just try it and see ... its pretty easy to configure around :)