2 new builds, 2 different problems, plz help

Ricochet

okay so here is my problemS.

first computer. i finished building the first computer, and when i load the computer, it sits on the bios screen for like 7 minutes, before even trying to run windows, any suggestions?

second computer. when it loads, it says INTEL Ucode Error, press F1 to resume.

any help would be appriciated, thanks.

Bobo

banned
Ricochet said:
okay so here is my problemS.

first computer. i finished building the first computer, and when i load the computer, it sits on the bios screen for like 7 minutes, before even trying to run windows, any suggestions?

second computer. when it loads, it says INTEL Ucode Error, press F1 to resume.

any help would be appriciated, thanks.
Both of these problems are in the BIOS

For both computers:
1. Reset the CMOS
2. Update the BIOS

and see what happens

some specs would also be nice

Ricochet

1. reset the CMOS, can you be more specific please so i can give it a shot, not sure what the CMOS is.
2. i will try updating the bios right now and see what happens.

the first computer specs are in my signature.

the second computer is running a Asus P5P800 with a 2.8 GHZ single core pentium 4 chip.

Bobo

banned
Ricochet said:
1. reset the CMOS, can you be more specific please so i can give it a shot, not sure what the CMOS is.
CMOS is just a part of the BIOS, there should be a jumper on your motherboard

THe motherboard manuals should tell you how to do this, I am having trouble finding something on google

Ricochet

okay i jus updated the bios on the first computer from windows, i downloaded from the site and i updated it, still the same problem with the first computer, it gets stock on the bios screen for a while, and while installing/updating the bios, it flashed the CMOS.

Ricochet

anyone? second comp fixed, the first comp still have problems plus a new problem.

every like 35 minutes when i'm working the computer restarts on its own, any1 know?

rjkengr

reseting could be a lot of things. Make sure all the fans are running so nothing is overheating. Also, what power supply did you get?