2 quick water cooling questions

bluedishwasher

1) In a T junction in a water cooling set up such as this:
hi-flow_t_200.jpg

are 2 inputs converted into 1 output, or is it 1 input pushed into 2 outputs.
2) In a loop circuit (e.g southbridge-->CPU-->northbridge-->rad) by the time the water reachers the northbridge won't it already be really hot thus not cooling the northbridge much?
noob questions but we all have to learn :eek:

Impulse666

i'd put my loop as (CPU -> Northbridge -> Southbridge) so that the CPU gets cooling priority.

A T joint can be used many ways, but honestly I dont see any effective ways that do it without too much resistance or complication. If it came with a kit, follow instructions, no instructions, toss it aside.

bluedishwasher

i haven't bought a kit yet im not going to haha, i'm assembling my own but just wondering if i can use a T junction to get freshly cooled water to 2 different components so that they both get optimum cooling as i'm looking to have CPU and GPU cooling in the same loop and wan't both to be as cool as possible to get best overclocks

spanky

i haven't bought a kit yet im not going to haha, i'm assembling my own but just wondering if i can use a T junction to get freshly cooled water to 2 different components so that they both get optimum cooling as i'm looking to have CPU and GPU cooling in the same loop and wan't both to be as cool as possible to get best overclocks

yes it's called a parallel circuit

Geoff

VIP Member
As Impulse said, I can't see a practical use for it without causing an issue. If you used it as one input and two outputs, then you will reduce the GPH by half in each tube, thus reducing it's effectiveness. And if it's used to join two inputs to one output, then where the two inputs meet, there will be quite a bit of resistance.

spanky

CPU, GPU and northbridge

Use a Y junction at the pump outlet (as to keep least amount of flow restriction). One line going to your cpu then your northbridge while the other line goes to your gpu and then y-junction them back together at pump inlet. Really you can do whatever combination you want, so say cpu and gpu on one line and only northbridge on other. Personally I think cpu and northbridge on one would be wisest.

Impulse666

with that plan you get the coolest water to all the components, but you lose flow on both ends. when you get the kit buy some extra tubing and some Y fittings and you can experiment with as many setups as you want. only real time testing will provide accurate results.