2 SATA drives problem...

jim_malone_1234

I have 2 SATA drives. A 500GB (WD on SATA channel 0) and a 100GB (Maxtor on SATA channel 1). The 500GB is my main drive (C:). For some reason, whenever I plug in the 100GB drive and start up my computer it ALWAYS tries to boot from that one (100GB) first and I get a message "The BIOS does not be installed".

My BIOS does not have the option of selecting an SATA drive in the boot order. My boot order is currently 1. SCSI 2. CD-ROM 3. C:. I tried putting C: first in the boot order, but when I did that the computer would give me the same error "The BIOS does not be installed".

I have the Aopen AK86-L motherboard if that helps. What would ya'll recommend?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Can you take a picture of the boot oder settings (and the options for each)? AOpens manual is complete crap.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Are you sure you have them in the right order, Just to make sure swap them around and see if it boots right!

PohTayToez

Is there an updated BIOS available for your motherboard? That's the only thing I can think of, otherwise it may just be a flaw in the mobo.

jim_malone_1234

Yup. Just flashed the mobo with the newest version of the BIOS. Both drives worked perfectly for about a day and a half then for no reason it started trying to boot from the 100GB drive again.