2 SSD's in Raid 0

funkysnair

VIP Member
yes it will do.... times depend on ssd's and the raid controller (some onboard controllers are not that good)

but the samsungs are not that good really, you would be better off dropping in some ocz ssd's.
i have purchased a crucial C300 64gig sata III ssd and i get reads of 330mbs, im going to get another and raid0 them suckers for some serious read/write times

Last edited:

predicament

yes it will do.... times depend on ssd's and the raid controller (some onboard controllers are not that good)

but the samsungs are not that good really, you would be better off dropping in some ocz ssd's.
i have purchased a crucial C300 64gig sata III ssd and i get reads of 330mbs, im going to get another and raid0 them suckers for some serious read/write times

thanks bud,

I chose samsung b/c of the low cost

is the raidcontroller part of the mobo?

Drenlin

Yes, it is. It's usually on the south bridge, but sometimes mobo manufacturers use a second controller...usually for SATA 3, and usually Marvell.

funkysnair

VIP Member
be aware of what you are buying though, some of the older ssd's had crappy jmicron controllers and they suffered from serious stuttering.

i bought a ssd when they 1st come out and dam, what a waste - dropped £170 on it and i sent it back after 4hrs of use.... couldnt see the point in having something so fast but stuttering all the time!

read reviews - but like i said its prob better to drop your money on a ocz drive (you get what you pay for)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah just one SSD alone is fast enough,So 2 will be amazing.

Id recommend getting either the 60Gb OCZ Vertex 2,OR the 80GB Intel X25-M.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
RAID 0 will cut access times in about half. Just keep in mind that if one drive fails, you lose everything.

powerpack

banned
In general on a system that does any "normal" tasks you will not see a real world difference. 1ms or 1/2ms even with a stopwatch you can't tell. So why do?

Unless some highly specialized task why do?

But if you still do good luck and have fun.