2 types of windows xp?

tboski123

this whole time i thought it was either home or pro! i am in the process of building a new pc so i went to go get an operating system. i saw the home was $99 and $199(pro$199 and $299). i was like uh, but then i looked closely and one was an upgrade version and the other was a full install for pc's that don't have windows. this was the first time i saw or found out about this. you guys are probably laughing at me but i'm trying to get into the pc thing as much as i can. it's just any time i see windows for sale online, it's only one version of each and most of the time it says full version. for example, monarch pc is selling home for $89 and it says it is the "full version", so which one is it? the price makes me believe it's the upgrade but the description makes me believe it's the full version. obviously i will need a full version since the hd is new. help me!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
OS Versions: Home and Pro
Installation Versions: Upgrade and Full
Therefore the entire set of options is Home Upgrade, Home Full, Pro Upgrade, Pro Full :)

If the thing says "full" then its "full" ... 'sides you can always ask :)

tboski123

thanks, i also found out you can get the full versions way cheaper on the internet rather than the store lol. what was i thinking. i even saw full pro versions for $130 on ebay! same package $299 at staples.

cykx

Id just download the OS. Stick a generated key in there and bypass the activation, for the RPC id just use a firewall. : )

cykx

Sorry, ah. I dont read those much. But I wont post anything similar as of now, just read it. But hey, Bills got plenty of money. He can aford a few of us not buying his software. But I wont give any "dark" advice anymore. Thanks for letting me know. :D no sweat.