2 video cards

Fankango

i was watching tv and i saw a computer with 2 video cards. one for the top one for the bottom. would i be able to do it to my computer. or is it worth it

ZER0X

VIP Member
I heard that they were (going to/or still are/or have already) Bringing out/brang out motherboards that have 2x AGP slots. But what you may have seen was PCI Graphics cards, or even one for the AGP and one for the PCI

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
i was watching tv and i saw a computer with 2 video cards. one for the top one for the bottom. would i be able to do it to my computer. or is it worth it

Well it's hard to say what you can do too your computer because you have not provided anyone with any info on your puter ;-)...

Pretty much all computers can run 2 video cards using the pci slots.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I heard that they were (going to/or still are/or have already) Bringing out/brang out motherboards that have 2x AGP slots.

I've not heard that one, I've heard however that they are indeed coming out with mobo's with 2 PCI express slots for SLI connectivity with Nvidia cards.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i was watching tv and I saw a computer with 2 video cards. one for the top one for the bottom. would I be able to do it to my computer. or is it worth it
What you saw was an implementation of SLI (most likely from nVidia but then again it could be the really old one from 3dfx). For SLI you need two things:
- An nForce4 SLI motherboard
- Two GeForce 6600GT, 6800GT, 6800Ultra's

Pretty much all computers can run 2 video cards using the pci slots.
But not doing it top and bottom :)

I've not heard that one, I've heard however that they are indeed coming out with mobo's with 2 PCI express slots for SLI connectivity with Nvidia cards
They're out. If you've been lucky enough to get a ALX system then you might have had it much sooner :)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
But not doing it top and bottom

Too be honest I did not know exactly what he meant by that LOL. I figured it could have meant the bottom pci slot was being used LOL.

Also I doubted "at the time" that it was an SLI setup he saw on TV because I just never see any damn good shows like that!! LOL.

4W4K3

VIP Member
My computer THINKS it has 2 video cards, cuz my card has 2 RAMDAC's...so i got primary and secondary card. kinda funny...