2 x DVD problems

MajorMellons

Hi folks, first post, so please be gentle!

I've just done a self build, and I'm having a few various problems, and this is just one of them!

This is what is new...

Gigabyte S-series GA-965P
Core 2 Duo E6600
2 gig Corsair Ram
Leadteck 8800GTS 640meg
550 watt PSU
320gig SATA

I'm running XP (sp2)

After a long battle, I managed to get up and running, but after installing my Mobo drivers, my DVD R/RW drive was getting an I/O Error?
I uninstalled it, re booted, great!, GPU disk in, and installed that.
Next disc I tried, I/O error!!!!!...I uninstalled it, re booted, no good.

So I swopped it over to my DVD Player.
That, like my burner, worked, then just a few hours later, that stopped reading cd's....it has a look, and spits the cd out.

So, of course, I can't install any thing, which is very fustrating, and I don't want to splash out on a new DVD burner, untill I can find out what may be the cause of these issues!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post..

I'm open to any ideas!

MajorMellons

Thanks for fast response SH

These were set by my brother, who assures me that they are correct.
But I will check them out a bit later, when I have some more time.

Thanks

MM

MajorMellons

Well, thanks SH, with all the messing around with my new Sata, the jumper settings of the DVD burner must have been wrong, but now appears ok.
I'll need to post in other sections now to try and start with all my other problems!

MajorMellons

Well, in trying to sort out my 'No Audio Devices' problem...after a re-boot, my DVD R has gone AWOL again.
It's listed in my Bios, but it aint showing in device manager.

It's all good fun this:(

MajorMellons

Well guys, after I sorted out my DVD problems(so I thought) and then my sound problems, my DVD players are again, doing as mentioned in my first post.

I/O error in my DVD Burner and my DVD player is just spitting out all my cd's after about 5 seconds.
I only have 1 connected at any one time running on IDE cable.

I have tried Various master/slave/jumper settings and no option seems to work.:confused:

Any clues?

thanks in advance