$200 budget, what speakers do I choose?

lexmark

I tested out a few speakers from logitech and found a nice sounding 2.1 for $200, is this a good investment or should I be looking at other brands??

what would you guys recommend??

thanks

tremmor

I was going to say $200 is going to get you something nice. I bough a yamaha 10 yrs ago for $150. i like the comment from chupacabra. he's being practical and something less will likey work well. thats about what i spent for my wife's computer and works fine. $60.00.

lexmark

I might already have a soundcard but im not sure, its a chip on the back of my tower with a yellow jack insert on the outside the box.....

I also tried that model that was posted^ and it sounded nice, would guy guys think a 5.1 is worth the investment?? I don't mind spending a little extra if you guys know a good bargain:)

tremmor

Are yu a blaster and like loud. Don't feel guilty.
If your looking for approval and money is not the object.
get it. if the computer takes the dump then ya already got
something thats ready for the next system.
cheers!

theres a little kid in ME TOO!
but then i always bought what i wanted when ever i wanted it.

paratwa

The thing about speakers is, they are the heart of any sound system. You can have the best amp and cd player in the world, but if you don't spend the money on some great speakers, it will sound like crap.

And if you have great speakers, they will make a cheap amp sound great. So get the best speakers you can afford and you will never be sorry.

And it is always subjective, what sounds great to me might sound like crap to you. So buy what you like, and never pay any attention to what others say, if it makes you happy, then so be it.

mrbigsexy

I've tried all kinds of budget speakers and heard all kinds of supposed "good speakers" but by far the best speakers I've ever bought were SonicXS series made by Telex. They made a 2.1 system I bought a while ago, but they released a 5.1 system for $100.
If their 5.1 is anything like the 2.1, then it's a good deal all the way around. You can find them at this link:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0263467

If you know anything about Telex, they make speakers for clubs that just pound the room with bass. They may not have the highest definition audio around, but they have a good clarity and very, very good bass to them. IMO they beat out most, if not all speakers available for computers today.