$2000 CAD Gaming Rig

Stupendous Man

Hey,I'm looking to build up a gaming rig and have about $2000 (CAD and tax in) to spend on it. I've spec'd out a few builds already, and had my friend (who will be helping me actually build it) spec me a computer out but just want to make sure I didn't miss something.

I already have a moniter, mouse, keyboard, OS, HD, and CD/DVD Drive.

Not quite sure where to go with my videocard on the verge of DX10...

Any help is appreciated. :D

Bradan

well if u have a pci-e card laying around use that till dx10 cards come out, itll be well worth it

shop on ncix, bundle as much as possible but still get stuff you want

are u planning to oc? if so

get either the ds3 or the p5b, or the other highend asus boards.
core2duo, i dont care which one, 6400 or 6600(+2mb cache is good)
ddr800 pc2-6400 ram (like 2g)

get a nice case with nice cooling like the new antec nine hundred
or just get a nice looking case with room for watercooling and get the swiftech kit for 400$

get a corsair 520 or 620, theyre both great ive read a bunch of reviews and plan on buyin one soon 40/50a on 12v rail. :)

if ur air cooling get a tuniq tower 120/ cnps 9500/ big typhoon

if youre planning on playing dx10 games u might wanna buy a copy of vista, there goes 250$ atleast

Stupendous Man

Well I've been looking and reading around and I'm completely back to square 1.

AMD or Intel...?
Video card I have no idea still... NVIDEA or ATI...? Do I really want to wait for DX10...?

A friend of mine just ordered:
Asus A8N 32-SLI-Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
ATI Radeon X1950 XTX

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1908185&CatId=0

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2467563&Sku=A177-3138

Mainly playing WoW and planning to play F.E.A.R. WoW looked incredible and ran incredible, got me pretty pumped just to buy something :D

I guess really all I'm looking for is a MB, CPU, GPU, and RAM. I think I've found a case and psu I like... but that's not much good when I have no idea what I want to put in it. I guess the first thing I need to decide is what CPU I want to run? Maybe? Differences I should really be concerned about?

Stupendous Man

Sure... intel. So why? Last time I looked at anything AMD was killing it, so whats changed and why am I looking at intel over AMD for gaming?

Sorry if I'm asking a lot, just looking end up with a new computer and learn a lot about why I got what I got at the end of this. Any decent sites I can read up on with current info?

meanman

the new intel core 2 duo is the best processor out get the 6600 if you can video i like nvidea but thats down to you