???????????

JLuchinski

So when I went to bed last night my computer was on and went to sleep like it always does. But when I woke up this morning and clicked the mouse like I always do, nothing happened. My tower wasn't on but the I could see the power led kind of flashing. I pressed all of the buttons, nothing so I had to turn the PSU switch off. It booted up, started to load windows and then went into sleep mode after the welcome screen so I had to do a hard reset as pushing all of the other buttons did nothing. So I started up in safe mode and checked everything and all seemed ok, so I restarted and this time it booted up normally. What could of caused that? I'm running some scans right now, my PSU voltages are fine. Windows hasn't installed any updates. The only thing I did yesterday was I got an Iphone and installed it, could that of caused issues?

JLuchinski

Hmm, this has happened the last two mornings in a row. Nothing in the reliability report. Could it be a PSU issue?

JLuchinski

That is possible and I believe that is the reason why my previous PSU got damaged. There is a lot of construction work going on about 2 blocks from my place and we have had a lot of power outages in the past year. Maybe I should invest in a UPS.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
Get one that continuously supplies power from the battery and then charges the battery. This will protect you from 'brownouts' as well as full outages.

Heku

or you might have an Virus on your computer o_O... naah maybe not... an Virus that fcks up your system when you've been many hours enough away from computer (having it on)...jk i dunno...