22 FPS with crysis..... help!!!!

xxmorpheus

Hello, I have a strange problem.... I am getting 22 FPS with crysis on max settings. My specs are in my sig. Is this supposed to be happening on this pc? I have tried catalyst 11.2 and 11.4, tried reinstalling windows and drivers, and also i have used afterburner to verify corssfire connectivity and gpu loads. It does show that they are working in conjunction, yet im getting horrible performance on 2x 2gb 6950. After calling my computer tech support, they are advising me that my pc cant handle crysis. I chuckled. Btw, I have the switch on my cards set to 1.. does that matter? Im starting to think my mobo is bad, im getting blue screens and the stupid thing only does 8x on CF, which is pissing me off. Any help is appreciated, thanks pros! :D

linkin

VIP Member
Overclocking your CPU would help (specifically the NB clock higher than stock helps the most) as well as your GPU.

What settings are you running? What level of AA? Forcing any Anisotropic Filtering?

Also try defragging your HDD

xxmorpheus

I left everything on "use application settings" on CCC over clocking the gpu and cpu does nothing. Im going to try buying a dual 16x mobo for xfire, I think this dual 8x is killing me. Im almost 100% sure this mobo is the problem...

linkin

VIP Member
Dual X8 is fine. Even going down to an x4 slot is a ~5% performance hit.

Your CPU seems to be the weakest link, at stock speeds my Athlon probably outperforms it in single threaded stuff, purely because it's overclocked, and the NB clock is at 2500MHz.

If you install CPU-Z it will show your CPU clock, in the memory tab it will show your NB clock. Should be at 2GHz by default. You can also check what your RAM is running at, any kits over 1333MHz need to be setup manually in the BIOS, for speeds, voltages and timings.

xxmorpheus

Ok ram kit is running at 1866 :D, will download cpuz and post pics. It should be known that after installing drivers again, dragon age 2 with DX 11 enabled with absolute max settings is getting me around 51-70 fps. Thats even including DX11 super high res texture pack. Crysis 2 averages an easy 60 fps with extreme settings.... 1920x1080. The only stupid game still giving me 22 fps is crysis. Im just gonna let it go