2nd hand gaming pc, super loud fans :( ?

Perspari

Asus P5K-E Wifi,
3GHz E8400 CPU
TRUE 120 HSF (Dual Fans)
Antec 1200 case
4GB DDR2-800 (5-5-5-15),
1KW Zalman dual heatpipe PSU,
2x 640GB HDD
DVR-215
9800GTX+

so i bought a 2nd hand gaming comp because it was cheap and i turned it on and wow the fans are loud compared to my old crappy PC. anyway if i want to game after 11:30pm, i've got to make it a bit quiter. it has like 2 fans on back, 1 big ass fan on the top. and 2 fans at the front. i think its either the big one on top or the back top fan which is like super loud.

is there anyway i can slow it down easily, mind you im clueless with computers

Real helpful, well i just spoke to the original owner and he said its the "back cpu one" then he said "there's an option in the bios to turn on Qfan" anybody like to enlighten me?

yes i've googled it but i'd prefer somebody to help

LOl i hope i havnt been scammed or im going to get angry

Bodaggit23

You would feel scammed because of a loud fan?

If it's not the CPU cooler fan, then get a cheap fan controller.

If it's the CPU cooler fan, replace it, or buy an aftermarket cooler.

Noctua fans are very quiet. They have Vortec Control notches. :D

realmike15

Asus P5K-E Wifi,
3GHz E8400 CPU
TRUE 120 HSF (Dual Fans)
Antec 1200 case
4GB DDR2-800 (5-5-5-15),
1KW Zalman dual heatpipe PSU,
2x 640GB HDD
DVR-215
9800GTX+

so i bought a 2nd hand gaming comp because it was cheap and i turned it on and wow the fans are loud compared to my old crappy PC. anyway if i want to game after 11:30pm, i've got to make it a bit quiter. it has like 2 fans on back, 1 big ass fan on the top. and 2 fans at the front. i think its either the big one on top or the back top fan which is like super loud.

is there anyway i can slow it down easily, mind you im clueless with computers

Real helpful, well i just spoke to the original owner and he said its the "back cpu one" then he said "there's an option in the bios to turn on Qfan" anybody like to enlighten me?

yes i've googled it but i'd prefer somebody to help

LOl i hope i havnt been scammed or im going to get angry

i have the 1200, it's by no means loud unless you turn it up to the High setting. remember there are 6 fans, and 6 fan controls. the little knobs on the front control each 120mm fan... turn them all the way to the left for the lowest setting. than on the top back part of the case there are 3 switches which control the top and two rear fans... these settings are Low Medium and High. If everything is set to low, these fans should be slightly audible. if it's still truely loud, than you have a faulty case fan, cpu fan, or video card fan. try to identify where the noise is coming from... if you have to unplug everything form the power supply except the case fans... do you still hear the noise? if not than it's the CPU fan or GPU fan.

you enter BIOS by pressind Delete during bootup, when it prompts you with the option. from there just look for Qfan, and choose whichever option enables it. don't change anything else in the BIOS... leave it alone if you don't know what you're doing.

Last edited: