32 bit or 64 bit?

Jamin43

banned
I guess it should be noted as to whether you are trying to upgrade Windows Vista 32 or 64 bit - and you're looking to see which is currently installed on your system?

OR

Are you looking to see if your Rig can handle a fresh install ( not upgrade ) of either windows 7 OEM or Retail in your PC.

Both answers are above - but if you are upgrading from Vista - you can only upgrade to 32 if you have 32 bit - and if you have 64 bit - you need to upgrade to windows 7 64 bit.

aviation_man

Users pick 64 bit mainly for the memory. 32Bit only supports 3.25Gb or so of RAM while I believe that 64Bit supports way more RAM than anyone needs.
Also, the 64bit architecture can process files a lot quicker than 32bit can. It also utilizes the whole CPU. MS also says that it has enhanced security features as well.

AlienMenace

figure it out, twice as better. Faster boot up time, more memory usage. Draw backs, hard ware and software support isn't that great in some things. Like web cams. But, it will get there some time. happened when 16 bit to 32 bit. Took a while to get there. I run 64 bit OS's, never go back to 32 again.

Stoic Sentinel

figure it out, twice as better. Faster boot up time, more memory usage. Draw backs, hard ware and software support isn't that great in some things. Like web cams. But, it will get there some time. Happened when 16 bit to 32 bit. Took a while to get there. I run 64 bit os's, never go back to 32 again.

+1