32bit or 64bit

marr02

I just bought a dell vostro220s and i plan to format it... which is better windows 7/vista 64 bit or 32 bit..... i got the specs c2d, 2g memory, 500hd.

OverClocker

Stick with 32bit. The problem I encountered with 64bit is that some games are not compatible to run with 64bit.

elobire

Every game should work on 64 bit versions. :)

in theory thats true but not all do, i had some problems with BFME2, particuly if you like to run old games you wont be able to.
Idid find a large difference when i was running 64bit to 32bit image is far more clearer and more graphical. not sure about software but i think some software are'nt compatable yet with 64bit

Geoff

VIP Member
in theory thats true but not all do, i had some problems with BFME2, particuly if you like to run old games you wont be able to.
Idid find a large difference when i was running 64bit to 32bit image is far more clearer and more graphical. not sure about software but i think some software are'nt compatable yet with 64bit
That's true, but if the software is that old then it usually wouldn't run on Windows 7 to begin with.