350W Pimp Case

EMO-TOCROSS

I'm loooking for a 350W Case, preferably without a window, because I will be moving it from house to house occasionaly, so i wouldnt want the window to break. I dont want to spend the money for a 400W, So thats why Im looking for a 350W. I want a case $80 and under, that is easy to work with, good looking, runs very cool (lots of fans or fan mounts), and has at least 2usb connectors on it. I've given up looking for the perfect one, so could some of you look around on newegg.com for a case you think would work great for me? Thanks! :cool:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You can prolly get a nice Chenming601AE with 400W Enermax for ~100USD ... quality, style, flexibility and not too bad a price

Nephilim

VIP Member
I personally wouldn't trust a 400W power supply that cost $28 let alone a case and power supply for that price.

Chances are that a power supply that cheap has it's wattage rated at a lower operating temperature inside the PSU than it will ever operate at. It's a dirty little trick that PSU manufactures like to play since technically they aren't lying. As the temperatures increase in a PSU the efficiency, and therefore the total output in wattage, will decrease dramatically.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
It's a dirty little trick that PSU manufactures like to play since technically they aren't lying.
LOL yeah its almost as bad as 1,000,000,000 Byte Gigabyte rule heheh

Viper_86

banned
EMO-TOCROSS said:
Doesnt that make things seem a bit suspiscious when its THAT cheap, $28.00 for a nice case that has a 400W PSU
ya i was readin some reviews on this case...they all seem to like it but they do say that the paint like chips off...that would get pretty ugly after a while...and these guys prolly posted the review b4 anything had a chance to go wrong...and since im a hardcore gamer...i would probably want something a little more powerful...such as a 450-500 PSU and a more all around reliable case.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
but wont that cost a lot more buying a complete pc then swapping out parts
Generally no but it could work well either way. I sell average Joe computers and typically buy ~200 "supersized computers" a year for people and its much cheaper to "move up" than to "move down" :)

would probably want something a little more powerful...such as a 450-500 PSU and a more all around reliable case.
If you want them premium PSUs make sure you check out the temps those wattages are rated at

4W4K3

VIP Member
i just bought a $28 case and 450watt PSU from newegg ($15 shipping ugh) for my gf's computer. it's got VERY thin metal, cheaply made, good PSU. so basically its not gonna be CRAP...just certainly not a quality case. go with a $50 case and 400watt PSU...there pretty cheap at newegg.