3D Computers ...... any thoughts ??

shags38

Hi all,

I am new to this particular forum and I am an unashamed fan of the future of 3D as an entertainment media and in particular in respect to Computers, Laptops, Games etc etc. Whilst 3D is still very much embrionic in respect to consumer 3D computers I figure they will explode by mid next year (LG has already released 3 Desktops and 3 Laptop models with 3D screen capability - the others will not be far away.

3D Computers for the home (and schools / business etc) will have some significant pluses however just like 3DTV which is faltering at present 3D Computers will also have some pitfalls.

I am far from being a computer expert so I am looking for any comments / information / links to sites etc that relates directly to 3D consumer computers & laptops.

I am really interested to hear what other people think (turning up the volume now :D ) - have your say.

So if anyone has an interest or knows where I can get some up to date info then I look forward to your comments.

cheers,
Mike the 3D Computers Guy

massahwahl

VIP Member
Honestly I think its a novelty that will pass unless some key issues get resolved, primarily the glasses. Who HONESTLY wants to sit around watching ANYTHING for a prolonged period of time while wearing glasses that give things a little more depth? Until they figure out a way to make a tv/computer/etc that can project 3D without using glasses then I really think it will pass (just like the last time it was 'popular' or they tried to make it popular rather)