3rd Party Motherboard Replacement Or Just Return The Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elrond35

Hello,

I recently purchased a Dell XPS 15 (7590). I have owned the laptop for only 6 days. Sadly, I am already experiencing coil whine and have been in contact with Dell Support. I was told that an onsite service appointment will be scheduled to replace the motherboard. But since I have a cancellation period of 14 days on the laptop from the shop I bought it from, I was wondering if it would be a better choice to just return the laptop, and buy a new one instead of bothering with a replacement of the motherboard. Of course, this 3rd party motherboard will perform with the same quality as the original and have the same specifications, but isn't original always better?
Returning the laptop and buying a new one is no problem for me.

I look forward to hearing from you

Intel_man

VIP Member
If Dell is sending you a tech, it is not considered 3rd party. They should be using genuine replacement parts.

strollin

I think you'd be better off if you returned the Dell and got another laptop.

Where did you get the idea that it was a 3rd party motherboard? If Dell support specifically told you that then I would suspect you didn't actually speak with Dell support but a 3rd party that does Dell repairs. Did they quote a cost for the replacement? There should not be any cost whatsoever if genuine Dell support.

My sister once Googled Dell support, called the first number in the results and got hooked up with a 3rd party repair place that wanted to charge her $300 for tech support.

Status
Not open for further replies.