3rd time around building new computer help!!!

spartikus

Alright guys I have bought 2 new computers in the last month or so and have sent both back one was broken and had option of fixing or returning to an online builder i decided to return. second one i have now but am unhappy with so i am here to as you guys questions before building yet another one. this computer will be used mainly to surf internet and usual day to day computing but i will be using it to play games once in a while mainly counter strike and battle field 2. if anyone can comment on my build i would appreciate it.

case: lexa black line gaming tower with 420 watts power supply

power: supply 600 watt sli ready power supply ( do i need this if i am not running sli?)

ram 2 gb

cpu: amd dual core 6400 +

processor cooling: upgraded fan

mobo: this is where i am confused i am looking at asus 560, 570 or 590 motherboards also could go with MSI 790x crossfire boards

video card: either 2 8600 gt 1gb cards running sli or 1 8800 gt 512 card

the rest of the build is not important can anyone comment on this and tell me what they think the real confusion for me is should i really go with sli if so how much power and which mobo to go with if i don't go with sli then which power supply is sufficient and which mobo to go with thank in advance for your help.

spartikus

well the case i am getting comes with a psu about 420 watts but is this going to be sufficient for my 8800 gt video card and other components. i really am unsure which mobo to get also? advice?

reddevil6

i have a Gigabyte MA770-DS3 an it is great nort a single problem yet.
the board i wanted but where out of stock when i got my parts is the Gigabyte MA790x-DS4

spartikus

Alright I have changed my mind my cousin has agreed to build me the computer so I now don't need to go through an online retailer. I am now looking to just build the computer from the ground up I have about 1100 dollars for the build I don't need keyboard, mouse or monitor so if you guys had the option what would you buy? I know I want to stick with AMD, I know I want 8800 GT as my video card, and to run XP let me know thank you. Also HD doesn't have to be big but I would like it to be fast.