4.0Ghz P4

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
4Ghz is not a sweat for the Prescott core.... they could have had 4Ghz chips no problem since Prescott launch -- the (highly inefficient) extremely-uber-super-long pipeline would have assured that. :)

kb1ghc

Intel supposedly is already producing 4Ghz pentiums, and just hasn't released them yet.
but those Alienware 4GHz is just like a 3.4 Ghz OC'ed to 4Ghz

4W4K3

VIP Member
i heard a guy got 4.6Ghz...let me find the site. very kewl.

EDIT: guyz name is hipro5, i dont think he has a website. 400fsb on a 3.4EE though. i got all this from a diff forum, so i wont post it here unless u really want.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
400fsb on a 3.4EE though
Man o man how people get this wrong every time. The Canterwoods run 200MHz clock, 800MHz FSB -- if hes running 400MHz FSB then his clock is 100Mhz meaning he's not running a 3.4GHz chip -- minor technicality yes, but important technicality, yes as well

what makes it worth the extra $700 over a normal intel P4.
How about, its not a piece of crap like the Prescott? LOL nah Prescotts arent *that* bad -- they just didnt live up to (marketing) expectations, techie people knew for a long time that Prescotts werent all that fancy -- not until they are well into the 4GHz+ rang simply because of their insanely-long-crazy-pipeline :) If you can afford the P4EE then go for it (or alternatively the FX53s)