4 Viruses on 1 flashdrive

dave1701

I plugged my flash drive, which I had recently (about a month ago), into my computer and Microsoft security Essentials went crazy telling me that this flash drive had viruses on it that were trying to make their way onto my rig. I've only used this flash drive at school. It turns out there were:

Autorun!inf

ConfickerB

SillyShareCopy.R

How could my flash drive get 3 freaking viruses on it. I've plugged it into like 2 school computers. Would MSE get all of these viruses, or should I download another, also. Are these a big deal, or are they pretty boring viruses. I scanned my PC and it's good.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You can download flash disinfector and run it with your usb flash drive attached to the system. It will create an autorun file that will stop any infections from getting on it.

• Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
    Note: Some security programs will flag Flash_Disinfector as being some sort of malware, you can safely ignore these warnings
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.

I tried the link listed and it did not run for some reason. Post ,if you dont mind, how it worked for you ,the OP. I transfer info too and from school through a flash drive also and would need some protection.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I tried the link listed and it did not run for some reason. Post ,if you dont mind, how it worked for you ,the OP. I transfer info too and from school through a flash drive also and would need some protection.

Right click on that link and click on "open in new window". And then it will work properly.