4870x2 in Crossfire

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Is the 4870X2 seen as CF though? It's a single card (yet, 2 PCB's), taking up one slot.

Yeah, I believe GPU-Z recognizes it as Crossfire, although you do not need to enable it in the CCC. Geoff could answer that better.

Geoff

VIP Member
Is the 4870X2 seen as CF though? It's a single card (yet, 2 PCB's), taking up one slot.
Yeah, I believe GPU-Z recognizes it as Crossfire, although you do not need to enable it in the CCC. Geoff could answer that better.

GPU-Z reports the 4870 X2 as being CrossFire enabled.

4870x2_gpuz.jpg

Nums

I do believe my thread got hijacked :p

This is old too, by this time I've already got them installed and running; even water cooling has a fun time with these heat generating monsters ><

DarkTears

banned
mep do you still think i shouldnt get the 4850 x2 because of the size monitor i am going to purchase? and whats AA and AF?

also does anyone know the actual size of the 4850 x2?

Last edited:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I do believe my thread got hijacked :p

Dude, sorry. I didn't read the first post. My bad.

mep do you still think i shouldnt get the 4850 x2 because of the size monitor i am going to purchase?

I'm not saying you shouldn't get it, just realize that you would do fine with something a little less. It's actually costs a little less than the GTX 280 at newegg, so maybe it's not such a bad deal. You'll be able to max out everything with high FPS, which is good. :D

and whats AA and AF?

http://www.tweaktown.com/guides/601/the_simple_antialiasing_and_anisotropic_guide/

also does anyone know the actual size of the 4850 x2?

Probably just under 11 inches. Not much longer than the 4870X2.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
The mobo goes on the side of the comp. so that means i would have to go by width i think. and these are the measurements for the antec 900

Dimensions 19.4'' x 8.1'' x 18.4'' (L x W x H)

So if the card is 11 inches, there is no way i could fit it in :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Height_demonstration_diagram.png

No, the length is from the front to the back of the case. The width is the left and right measurement in the front. Know what I mean? The width is the distance between the front and back panel of the case. I'll take an interior measurement for you. I'll measure from the back interior to the HD cage.

EDIT: It's like 14" from the PCI slot to the HD cage. Just install you hard drives above or below the GPU. That's what I always did.

Last edited:

DarkTears

banned
oh ok thank you. now to select mobo and HDD and im good to go.

The reason i havent decided on HDD's yet is because im reading up on that raid stuff.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
oh ok thank you. now to select mobo and HDD and im good to go.

The reason i havent decided on HDD's yet is because im reading up on that raid stuff.

You'll have enough room. It'll be a tight fit, that's all. This is a pic of my 900 w/ the 3870X2. That was 10.5 inches long.

DSC03009.jpg

So, if you manage your cables well and install your hard drives above and/or below the video card, you'll be okay.

DarkTears

banned
You'll have enough room. It'll be a tight fit, that's all. This is a pic of my 900 w/ the 3870X2. That was 10.5 inches long.

DSC03009.jpg

So, if you manage your cables well and install your hard drives above and/or below the video card, you'll be okay.

ok i should be able to do that. even after i get all my parts i think its going to take me a while to put it together lol. dont want to mess anything up

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Any mistakes you would like to share with me so i don't make them :)

Read this guide and take your time. My first attempt, I didn't really make any mistakes, it just took awhile. There's not a whole lot of room to work with in the 900, but you'll get used to it.