5 year old computer problem

xxxalpinexxx80

i also have a gateway runing a pentium3 533ghz processor and didnt touch it for half a year and currently i cant get it o work i checked and everything is plugged in but nothing pops up on the screen the yello light turns to green but the screen is all black and it is nothing wrong with the screen.

i took all the parts out took out more then a gallon of dust and put it back most likly correctly*

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe the GFX card has died.....thats if it has one?

Thats all i can think of if you say your monitors working fine.
cant you try another Gfx card in it?

xxxalpinexxx80

i cant i have pci-express in all the other computer but this one has it looks like agp 4x/8x

it has windoows 98 so even if it wasnt connected to the hard drive should it still show something on the screen like blue maby bios. idn

xxxalpinexxx80

nvm it might be the moniter possibly also the computer does still make beeping noises, i used some random plug in the moniter to power it up and if i use more powerful ones 12v dosnt work but i tried 2 diff 9v plugs one just turn yello to green wen i plug it in but dosnt show a display u can just the screen turns darker with the other 9volt its smaller the light blinks so that might be the problem

also about the beeping noises the ram and everything is pluged in what could the beeping noise mean

lol it has a 16mb nvidia tnt 2 pro