+5v Rail reads as 4.76v?

linkin

VIP Member
I just noticed this... wouldn't it have killed something by now if it was actually running at that voltage? :confused:

HWMonitor.png

This thermaltake has 2 year warranty so if it is a problem i can get it replaced.

linkin

VIP Member
Well, ug, i have multimeter but im not exactly sure it's digital? how do i do that anyway? connect the prongs to some molex connections?

Geoff

VIP Member
Well, ug, i have multimeter but im not exactly sure it's digital? how do i do that anyway? connect the prongs to some molex connections?
That would give you your 12V voltage, connect it to the ATX power connector using the pinout below, you will need to use a paperclip though to keep the PSU powered on.

connector_atx_pinout.GIF

bomberboysk

[-0MEGA-];1479037 said:
That would give you your 12V voltage, connect it to the ATX power connector using the pinout below, you will need to use a paperclip though to keep the PSU powered on.

connector_atx_pinout.GIF

You don't need to disconnect it to check voltages, you can backprobe the connectors.

meticadpa

Well... no.

Software voltage reading is useless because they take their readings from components on the motherboard, which doesn't consider things like line-in resistance, etc.

So your voltage will not be 4.76V, and even if it was, it would be safe...

ATX Spec allows for 5% +/- on the +5V rail. So anything between 4.75V and 5.25V is technically "in spec" meaning that it's in the safe range for your components to run from.

linkin

VIP Member
Ah, that's cool then. Also, whats the difference between +5v and the +5v VDDC in the screenie?