60 celcius too hot for my cores?

lexmark

one of my fans makes noises that i've never heard before when im playing a game so i opened up pc wizard and notices all 4 cores on my e6600 are at around 59c!!

is this too hot? im still using stock thermal paste from best buy, will buying that expensive silver stuff help reduce the temp?

hermeslyre

VIP Member
60c under load? I dunno what's normal for that proc, but 60c under load is not dangerous. Just to be safe, what noise is the fan making? If it's making a high pitched squeal or clattering sound the fan could be on it's way out. If it just sounds louder/more intense it's normal.

Better thermal compound has the capability of lowering temps, but not a whole lot. A couple points at most I'd say.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
60ºC for core temperature aren't dangerous, but are on the high side (unless you really know your case and airflow and such). It sounds like that either your fan is failing or that it's kicking in trying to cool your CPU.

xbadwolfx

Mine run a 32 celcius. I have the Duo E6750 with the Artic Cooler 7 Pro. Excellent combination for cooling!