64 bit wondows

OS Dragon

I think that would be on the box. I also think that Windows Longhorn is most definitely gonna be a 64 Bit operating system. Just out of interest, what 64 bit processor have you bought or planning on purchasing?

The new windows that will be 64 bit (codenamed longhorn) will be named windows xp x64 or something very close. It isnt even out yet though so you will have to wait.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
how can i tell if the new windos i buy is 64 bit? i wanna make sure since i'm getting a 64 bit prossesor(sp)

There is no 64 bit Windows OS right now but you can feel free to run windows XP 32 bit until one arrives :). Some download the trial version of the Windows XP 64 bit OS but I'd just wait until it's finished and released to the public.

OS Dragon

Blue said:
Some download the trial version of the Windows XP 64 bit OS but I'd just wait until it's finished and released to the public.
Damn ... Is Windows XP 64 Bit come out this year or next? I can't remember where I read about it :confused:. If it is coming out next year (2006) then thats pretty stupid because I think Windows Longhorn is scheduled be released next year too. I bet they'll put Longhorn on hold till 2007 -8 and say that they released XP 64 Bit they couldn't possibly release Longhorn. Microsoft Spokesmen: "You should be thankful you got Win XP 64bit.
You will have to pay extra to get Longhorn now...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHa
"

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The new windows that will be 64 bit (codenamed longhorn) will be named windows xp x64 or something very close
Uh WindowsXP 64bit and Longhorn are two different things...

OS Dragon

What are the main advantages of Windows XP Professional edition comared to Windows XP Home edition?
Please someone answer this, its driving me crazy :eek:

heinzbitte

I heard that the 64 bit version of windows isn't very good yet, and is still buggy. And some kid at my school constantly talks about longhorn. And everytime he mentions it the name gets stupider and stupider.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
What are the main advantages of Windows XP Professional edition comared to Windows XP Home edition?
New topic= new thread
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/choosing2.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/evaluation/whyupgrade/top10.mspx

I heard that the 64 bit version of windows isn't very good yet, and is still buggy. And some kid at my school constantly talks about longhorn. And everytime he mentions it the name gets stupider and stupider.
1. Longhorn isnt a silver bullet
2. WXP64bit is surprisingly stable .. no complaints ... except for lack of logitech drivers :p

OS Dragon

Yeah...Praetor showed me. F**K, I'm missing out on loads of extras. Oh well, I'll just have to wait till Longhorn. I can't be arsed spending all my money on XP Pro when I'm just going to have to upgrade to Longhorn in a few months.