680i

xxxalpinexxx80

Does any one know if the evga 680i prices are going to go down by june or if sooner or later let me now and give me a price rang

Geoff

VIP Member
They have one thats $250 and $230 ish right now. They should stay around the same price for at least a month or so. They are the same price now when they were released a month or two ago.

I like these boards!! How good are they?

I looked at one on newegg and I trust they are good from all the talk of them. But, how good do u think they are? If I buy one this Summer, I trust it to OC my E6600 and run my 8800GTS. Is it dependable and responsible enough to do that?

Geoff

VIP Member
Mine was, I got my E6300 from 1.86 to 3.13 stable, and people have gotten higher.

I also really liked the board because it had tons of tweaks that you can make, and was virtually future-proof for at least several years with its quad-core support, 1333Mhz FSB support, and 3x PCI-E x16 slots.

What are those other features that you speak of? I don't plan on SLI, I'm thinking about running about a 8800GTS(don't need SLI).

Thanks

Geoff

VIP Member
What are those other features that you speak of? I don't plan on SLI, I'm thinking about running about a 8800GTS(don't need SLI).

Thanks
Here are a few of the pro's of the 680i:

SLI Support
Quad-Core Support
1333Mhz FSB Processor Support
3x PCI-E x16 slots for graphics or future physx
Loads of BIOS tweaks
Better quality parts (more stable and lasts longer-generally)

Sorry, I am questioning so much. But, what kind of tweaks can you do? I need simple, just simple enough to OC my future E6600. I would like to go
3.0, what am I candidate for. Needs to be simple, I have never experimented with the multiplier or voltage, I am very amateur.

Thanx

Geoff

VIP Member
You can tweak the CPU voltage, FSB voltage, north/south bridge voltages, RAM voltages, and a few more. You can also tweak the timings and frequency of pretty much anything, ranging from the PCI-E frequency to the RAM frequency.

Think I'll stick with the DS3, it is probably simple enough that I can understand. This will be my first OC build. So, yeah, how exactly do I OC

joeswm8

just read up on it and you can definately get a lot out of it with a little research. there was this great guide on IGN, type in "overclocking on the 680i with an E6600" and there is this excellent IGN guide