700 - 800 computer build

Stildawn

Ok guys, Im doing a build for my mate who just got a payout at work lol (lucky) plus I get a small fee too hehe.

He's got maybe 700 - 800 ish dollars (NZ$) and wants a computer that is pretty solid, he's not a heavy gamer so no crysis machine needed lol mainly internet, small games, dvd watching etc.

Use these website (as they are in NZ)

www.pp.co.nz

www.pricespy.co.nz.

Cheers

Stildawn

Things like GRAW, and Source on full. Um but yeah he wont play games much, just basically the nicest computer with that budget.

James^.^

Your new build looks like it would be in that price range, do you think it's fast enough for his likings?

James^.^

Ehhk... It's a pain to try to find products on those websites, they don't even have the
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5800+ Brisbane

cohen

Ok guys, Im doing a build for my mate who just got a payout at work lol (lucky) plus I get a small fee too hehe.

He's got maybe 700 - 800 ish dollars (NZ$) and wants a computer that is pretty solid, he's not a heavy gamer so no crysis machine needed lol mainly internet, small games, dvd watching etc.

Use these website (as they are in NZ)

www.pp.co.nz

www.pricespy.co.nz.

Cheers

Things like GRAW, and Source on full. Um but yeah he wont play games much, just basically the nicest computer with that budget.

For that budget, i can't do it!

I go to over budget, and it is hard to find things like i can on newegg...

sorry... :eek:

Stildawn

$796

I was thinking about Intel, whats there most powerful chip thats cheaper than the 6000+ and better???

Also man its hard to find a mobo thats cheap without onboard graphics... like surely they could make one with just a PCI-e cheaper than one with a PCI-e and onboard lol.