700$ish Gaming Build, thoughts?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You need to purchase a windows 10 license but can use the media creation tool to create a USB installation.

Intel_man

VIP Member
It's a disc, but it comes with the activation code as well. If you don't find a need to have a dvd rom in your build, follow the steps I have linked in post #21 to create a Windows installation media on a USB. Boot from the USB and activate Windows 10 using the purchased activation code.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I think retail version of windows is transferable??
Not many user have a retail license anymore as its more expensive. Buy yeah, a retail license is transferable but windows would have to be unistalled from previous system before installing on new computer.

It's a disc, but it comes with the activation code as well. If you don't find a need to have a dvd rom in your build, follow the steps I have linked in post #21 to create a Windows installation media on a USB. Boot from the USB and activate Windows 10 using the purchased activation code.
With the revised build, will I need any fans? -Haven't built a PC before.

Not many user have a retail license anymore as its more expensive. Buy yeah, a retail license is transferable but windows would have to be unistalled from previous system before installing on new computer.
Will I need any external fans/coolers? This is my first time building a pc.