<>

magicman

VIP Member
Please don't bump threads until at least 24 hours has passed - when you bear in mind most of the forum's members will just nicely be waking up, it's ambitious to expect such a quick response.
Well im looking to do a bit of a computer mod by sticking a 5 " in the disc drive bay
I don't understand what you mean by this. Could you clarify what you're wanting to mod, and what you want to connect to what? A few full stops now and again wouldn't hurt, either. ;)

elitehacker

LOL, if this goes wrong you can seriously damage your computer. Don't you have another PC where you can test it out first?

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Well this image isnt the one im actually using its just the only one I could find of one that was opened, but that really isnt important because the one im getting wont deviate much from the one im getting, the thing I wanted to know is if I removed the metal arms on the side should I soldier on of the earths from the molex connection to the earth in the unit, just want to make sure the yellow wire is going to the right place too.
and Yes I will be testing everthing before hand on one of my two other computers before I try it on my main computer I cant really afford to buy another $4000 dollar computer:p
from what i can gather, yes, the center part would be positive and the outer edge (prong) part would be the ground, if your not suing it in a car (obviously) then there is no need for the prongs, so literally just wop them out and solder your ground to the blue wire that is there....

Even if its round the wrong way i honestly dont think it wold kill it, it just wouldnt turn on...

dragon