$820 Gaming PC, is this a good build?

Is this a good build for a gaming PC?

  • Yes, it looks great to me!

    Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No, I'd definitely change a few things.

    Votes: 2 11.8%

  • Total voters
    17

Nateku

Member
Hey, I'm most likely going to use the following build for a gaming rig that I'm going to put together with my friend. Budget is around $800 and I wanted as many people's opinions as possible, so I'm adding in a poll. If you don't like the build, it'd be lovely if you could state what you would change in a post. Thanks! ^_^

Case: RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEBP 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811156078

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136073

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128347

Video Card: SAPPHIRE 100242L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102747

Power Supply: OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817341010

RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231122

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor Model BX80562Q6600 - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115017

DVD: SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223F - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827151171

Total after mail in rebates: $817.91
 
good build although if you are gaming then i would suggest you get the e8400 or something instead of the q6600 as it is better for that sort of thing
 
Oh, the case, right.

I actually AM getting the case without the psu, I just posted the link to the wrong case. >_>

And thank you everyone for the feedback. The poll really helps.
 
Thank you all. ^_^ I'm really excited to finally get a good quality computer of my own.

Judging by the poll results, I think I can safely say I'm going to order this build within the next few days.
 
Back
Top