8800GTS Requires Two PCI-E Power Connectors?

xbadwolfx

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127325

I was going to buy it, until I looked at this picture and saw that the power cable has two white plugs at the end.

I ordered my custom PC pre-built so I am new to this. can someone explain how I would go about plugging this into my power supply?

My PSU only has 1 PCI-E 6pin connector. i already have an open PCI-E x16 slot open, but I am not sure how this would plug into my power supply.

14-127-325-09.jpg

in that picture, what does the black end of the power cable plug into?

xbadwolfx

Plugs into your GFX. (Yellow, red, black) one. You'll need a "4 pin to 6 pin adapter".

Ok, so the black end plugs into the graphic card. My power supply only has 1 PCI-E 6pin connector.

One of the white plugs goes into the 6pin connector. Where does the other white plug go?

xbadwolfx

Into the card. It needs 2, so the one your PSU has and the adapter one.

It turns out that one of the cables is a 4-pin molex connector. do i need to plug the card into the 6pin PCI-E AND the 4-pin molex? or is it either of the two for convenience?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
The adapter is there in case your PSU doesn't have a PCI-Express power connector. Use either the pci-express power connector or the adapter, which requires 2 molex to power.

xbadwolfx

The adapter is there in case your PSU doesn't have a PCI-Express power connector. Use either the pci-express power connector or the adapter, which requires 2 molex to power.

So your saying that the graphic card has the regular 6pin connector even though its not shown in any of the pictures?