8GB Ram causes tons of issues!

When ever I install the rest of my 4gb of my ram it causes my computer to behave weird. Browser crashes, almost all programs quit responding, i used to get BSODs when I had it in before. Help me please.

Last edited:

ganzey

banned
^^yes.

it might also be a bad memory slot. if you test the ram and all sticks are good, try putting one in a slot, test, try another slot, test, repeat.

I believe I have found the problem, as soon as I began testing I took all of my RAM sticks out, then stuck one to in into the first ram slot, pc game on, but no display, tried with all other sticks, same response. As soon as I put a stick in slot two everything works fine. I'm going to stick 2 more in slot 3 and 4 and see how it runs.

ScottALot

What you're saying sounds weird... try each 2 stick set of memory in both the black and the blue slots, but don't have one in each color.

Why, I have 3 sticks of ram in now, that's fine for me. I believe it was ram slot 1 that was causing problems because I used to get BSOD's when I had all 4 sticks in, then when I took both stick 3 and 4 out it worked fine, it registered as I was getting 4gb of ram, but simple applications were making my ram usage go to 100% so I believe that I was only getting 2gb of ram because the mobo's first ram slot was broken.

I'm not really sure, I wasn't having any problems but sure enough it started again. If I want to take my computer into my repair shop I will have to clear my hard drive because of some of the stuff I have on their might get me into a little bit of legal trouble lol. But the trouble with that is that I don't have my Windows repair discs so i can't really do a restore... Can anyone help me out with that issue of clearing my harddrive without a cd?