98se ativirus

mortda

Can anyone tell me of a Antivirus software that is fully functional with Win98se
and is totally free.
With the demise of support by most Antivirus makers of this operating system, I've been having trouble locating a version that will work. I'm trying repair a friends PC of a number of viruses, because he was using an old version of AGV, and I have tried to find an Antivrus software that will allow him to keep using his PC on the net and know he has some sort of antiviral protection.
I have downloaded "Bit defender 9" only to find it was a trial version only and Avira-antivirus personal only to find it wouldn't load because the OS (Win98se ver 4.10.222A) wasn't recent enough
So if anyone can help me out with this problem it will greatly appreciated.
Mortda

lawson_jl

I had thought the current version of AVG was still win98 compitable? Really in this case it's best to get your friend to upgrade his PC. for less then $100 you could get a factory refurbished Dell running Windows XP from HDCItrading.com that would run far better then their current system. Due to the age of Win98 and the number of holes in it there are going to just get infected over and over again no matter what protections they have on it.