99 dollar Netbooks. Which should I get?

NathanielZhu

After searching through many many 99 dollar bare-bone netbooks for out of the house events (Instead of luging my 7 poung laptop), I came accross a few which I'm considering.

All of these cheap netbooks runs Windows CE 5.0 or 6.0.

All of them uses some version of the ARM processor

All of these netbooks are 7 inches

One of them is:
533 mhz - 128 MB Ram (Don't remember the name) found on ebay.

Another is:
Cherrypal Africa - 400 mhz - 256MBDDR

Another is: Lanyu netbook - 266 mhz - 128MB Ram

And Finally is: Sungworld EBook - 300 mhz - 128MB Ram

All of these netbooks has a battery that runs for about 4 hours on normal conditions.

All of these netbooks weight about 1.5 Pounds and they all use Compact Flash for storage. Most of them come with 2GB but i can just buy a 32 GB one cheap.

So, which one should I consider buying? What would be your first and 2nd choice?
If you can suggest a better 100 dollar netbook, plz tell me.

I know the specs arn't at all good, but I only need the internet/youtube. I already have a good laptop to do the rest of my stuff, but It's too big and heavy.

EDIT - OOPS, I POSTED IN THE WRONG SECTION. PLZ MOVE IT.

Last edited:

NathanielZhu

none. those wont even run xp.

Yeah, I said WINDOWS CE. They're 100 dollars. What do you expect? lol. They even use the gay ARM processor.

Please read my whole post. Every part of it is important.
They'rre like 100 dollar PDA's with a keyboard and big screen.

bomberboysk

none. those wont even run xp.

Of course they wont, its not using an x86 instruction set. Good luck getting youtube on these, its gonna be pretty choppy if it even runs on there, but faster is better generally speaking, and you'll want the lastest version of CE you can get.

NathanielZhu

the 400mhz one

EDIT: is there any way you could scrounge up another $100 and get this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Asus-Eee-pc-900...iewItemQQptZLaptops_Nov05?hash=item56387e5649

thanks, but I can't.

I don't like asking my parents for money to buy stuff since they've already bought me my laptop that I wanted.

I make the money from the internet to buy these things and it will take many months to get 200 dollars. It will only take only 2 more months until I get enough to buy the 100 dollar netbooks.

thanks for your help!

Turbo10

cheapo ones normally have linux on them, you might aswell get an ipod, would probably be more powerful than one of those really cheap netbooks XD

ganzey

banned
cheapo ones normally have linux on them, you might aswell get an ipod, would probably be more powerful than one of those really cheap netbooks XD

lol, ur actually right. the third gen (newest) ipod touches have 833mhz processores underclocked to 600 mhz

Aastii

VIP Member
...why do you need a netbook if you already have a laptop?

he already said, he didn't want to carry arround his other heavy one...

Back on topic though (that wasn't really all that off topic though really :p) why not just get a smart phone...but without the phone. What is the name of the stuff like ipod touches and HTC's and stuff :confused: ?

bomberboysk

he already said, he didn't want to carry arround his other heavy one...

Back on topic though (that wasn't really all that off topic though really :p) why not just get a smart phone...but without the phone. What is the name of the stuff like ipod touches and htc's and stuff :confused: ?

pda

Flaring Afro

or pocketpc. which i'd rather have (and do). but on a serious note, im one skinny ass guy and i have never had a problem walking across campus back and forth with a 17" gaming laptop. it's lighter than a book anyways...