A/B Switch for 5.1 (SB Audigy)

Caius

I can't believe this isn't something widely available. I have a brand new 5.1 surround sound headset and brand new 5.1 surround sound speakers. The speakers work great, the headset works good. The problem is that if I want to switch from speaker to headsets I have to get down on my hands and knees at the back of the computer where the speaker/headset jacks plug into the sound card and manually switch the three plugs. Really, I'm too old for this!

I need an A/B switch for 5.1 surround sound audio. It should have 3 jacks for the A side (front, rear, center), 3 jacks for the B side (front, rear, center) and 3 jacks plus cables for the COMMON (front, rear, center). I say cables for the COMMON because I suspect these are NOT simply dual polarity (pos/neg) wires -- they control multiple speakers, so what plugs the common side into the computer has to match A and/or B.

Where can I find such a thing. I'm no tech, otherwise I'd build it myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! My lady is gettin' tired of me rattling the pictures off the walls two floors up!

Caius

jim redfield

Caius - I suffer exactly the same speakers vs headphone dilemma with my new pc (Audigy card, Logitech speakers, Zalman phones). Same wife issues too. Were you able to find an appropriate switch box solution? Help/advice/commiseration appreciated.

FYI, given my travails on getting my new system to play nice over here, I'm not sure when/if I'll get back to this forum (I found your query on a Google search). A direct email reply to me would be great here if you don;t mind doing it. ([email protected]). Tnx in advance. - Jim