A bit of a problem

jayxftw

My computer is fast, but when I scroll down a window like this forum, it basically lags, and refuses to scroll smoothly. This is a brand new computer, with about 300GB of HD left, and 2 GB of ram. What could be the problem, and potentially the solution?

paratwa

It could be the browser you are using, If you are using IE, then get the firefox browser. Or just try any other browser. See if it still does it.

It could be your mouse settings.

jayxftw

I'm using firefox. How would I check if its my mouse? Also when I tab down with my keyboard it does the same thing.

skidude

Does the web page appear to blur or something like that when you scroll down?

If so, simply update your video card drivers.

jayxftw

It does appear to blur, more like chop, like a line kind of runs through it from the top of the window to the bottom.

jayxftw

I dont know what it is though, my buddy list doesn't do it when I scroll down quickly, it also doesn't happen on espn.com

skidude

It does appear to blur, more like chop, like a line kind of runs through it from the top of the window to the bottom.

Update your video card drivers and see if that fixes it. Whenever I re-install windows and I don't have video card drivers, the internet does something like that when I scroll down.

paratwa

Just a question, what is your internet connection speed? I remember back in the days of 28.8 modems I would have that problem a lot.

jayxftw

I have a cable connection. I tried to look up my video card, but the slot is empty. and the driver thing is empty too. Weird huh?

paratwa

I have a cable connection. I tried to look up my video card, but the slot is empty. and the driver thing is empty too. Weird huh?

?

Do you have integrated graphics?

Not sure what you mean by " I tried to look up my video card, but the slot is empty. and the driver thing is empty too."

jayxftw

no its Geforce 8500, I dont have any drivers installed though, so I found the website and am currently downloading the nvidia control panel for it

paratwa

Cool, no drivers would explain things. Did you ever install the drivers? Did they just disappear?

Let us know if the new drivers fix your problem.

jayxftw

I never installed the drivers. I just got the computer today. I figured since I was able to view things, ya know? lol. Download is taking forever since I have so much other stuff I need downloading too.