a couple of questions concerning Google services

kenny1999

Hi I've got two gmail accounts over the years and now I want to focus on using one account. I think both accounts have some of my bookmarks, history and other data.

1. Once I created the gmail account and logged into it on www.gmail.com. Was everything (browser details) already sync into the server automatically? Do I have to manually configure any settings?

2. How to combine all types of data , including history bookmarks and everything else into one gmail accounts?

3. How to delete all types of data on another gmail accounts? All email on that account is deleted. I mean the browsing data.

4. Is the Google extension also Automatically saved and sync to Google account?? Or is it something independent and has to be installed to new computer?

5. As I login my gmail account on other computers, how to stop everything being imported into that computer?? I only want to check email. I want nothing else to be imported

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
1. Once I created the gmail account and logged into it on www.gmail.com. Was everything (browser details) already sync into the server automatically? Do I have to manually configure any settings?
No, bookmarks and browser details are synced when you use Chrome and sign into Chrome.

2. How to combine all types of data , including history bookmarks and everything else into one gmail accounts?
I don't believe there is any way to combine accounts, you'd have to manually move bookmarks over.

3. How to delete all types of data on another gmail accounts? All email on that account is deleted. I mean the browsing data.
Go to www.google.com, sign in, then on the top right go to "Account", and at the bottom click on "Delete Google Account and Data".

4. Is the Google extension also Automatically saved and sync to Google account?? Or is it something independent and has to be installed to new computer?
When using Chrome, extensions and add-ons sync between computers. If you reinstall Chrome, when you login your extensions will reinstall.

5. As I login my gmail account on other computers, how to stop everything being imported into that computer?? I only want to check email. I want nothing else to be imported
Then don't sign into Chrome. Just going to Gmail doesn't sync any data.

kenny1999

No, bookmarks and browser details are synced when you use Chrome and sign into Chrome.

I don't believe there is any way to combine accounts, you'd have to manually move bookmarks over.

Go to www.google.com, sign in, then on the top right go to "Account", and at the bottom click on "Delete Google Account and Data".

When using Chrome, extensions and add-ons sync between computers. If you reinstall Chrome, when you login your extensions will reinstall.

Then don't sign into Chrome. Just going to Gmail doesn't sync any data.

thanks but
once i log into the google account with Google chrome, so everything is automatically saved and sync to the Google side , is it????

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
When you sign into a Google account with Chrome, any changes you make with the browser (add-ons, bookmarks, history, cookies, etc.) are synched with the Google server so that they are accessible from any other PC you use and log into Chrome with.