A couple of questions

textbook

A couple of questions-

How do you remove some of the programs which automatically start up when the computer starts up? Dont these slow the computer down?

Also I would like to put a password in my myphotos section, so people cant access them when i am out of the room. How would I do that ?

computerhakk

VIP Member
A couple of questions-

How do you remove some of the programs which automatically start up when the computer starts up? Dont these slow the computer down?
For that, go to your start menu. From there..
START>RUN
Type in "msconfig" w/o the quotes.
Move over to the "Startup" tab at the right and you will see a list of most of the programs that run at startup. To stop them, just uncheck the ones you don't need.

Also I would like to put a password in my myphotos section, so people cant access them when i am out of the room. How would I do that ?
For this, there is a program called Folder Guard that you can try. I use this tool myself and find it prett good. It's not free, but they have trial offers. If you want something free, there aren'y much out there, but just many trials and sharewares.

textbook

How do use that lock software to install a lock in the place that the folder originally was?

Do you have put all the software inside the locked icon?