A couple questions on my new Lenovo

confusedpc

Hi all, recently got the Lenovo B550. I'm not accustomed to win8 and had a discussion on here earlier about sending it back or not. So far I don't have many issues with it. Probably because I don't do much other than surf and do online homework. So far I don't see what the big fuss is.

So anyway i'm not a tech person. Question 1: I'm usually on this pc 2-3x per day. I'm usually not on from 10pm to 6am. Should I shut it down at night or just leave it sleeping? I hear varied opinions on this all of the time.

Question 2: When I am typing something, such as this, there's often a 'beep' and my cursor moves outside of the typing area and I have to stop typing and move it back. Is that because it's busy downloading etc or something else? Last night instead of shutting it down I put it on sleep and i've typed nearly this entire length and it's only done it once. Why the heck does it do that?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
When you are typing you are most likely hitting the touch pad with your hand that moves the cursor. I would shut it off when you go to bed. You can let it sleep during the day.