A+ exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkOLB57

i have been studying hardcore for my A+ exam from almost 6 monthes and was wondering if anyone had any tips on what sites to look at, what should i focus my studies on, etc. I would be greatful if someone could help...

thanks,
DarkOLB57

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Dont stress it. Its pretty easy
2. Practising off newer systems isnt as much of a learning experience ... the modern machines are damn near idiot proof ... grab an old 386 and play with it ... (i.e., play with the stuff, reading only gets you so far :))

SlothX311

yeah hardware was easy as balls...our class did all of this cramming for nothing i coulda passed without the last minute attempt to soak up lost knowledge....know your IRQ's, basic input and output devices, methods and paths that the computer takes to complete different tasks, form factors, and it could be handy to know a little about printers :)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
I know all of you are refering to hardware tests... but I recently took a practice Microsoft MCSD VB.NET test... holy s***...need to study just a little bit more.... so the A+ is really that easy?

In High School everyone made such a big deal about that test... are CCNA, CCDA, CCNP CCDP and all of those Cisco tests better?

p4r4s1t3

Geez, here in England we have "GCSE IT", and that's it. No wonder we're a country full of beer drinking pregnant hooligans!

Good luck with your test.

DarkOLB57

ok...thanks for the help everyone...so it's really fairly easy? that's good to know. i know most of the irq's and form factors almost by heart so hopefully ill be alright.

thanks,
DarkOLB57

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Wads that from wad prator said sounds like a carpender test...
Learn to communicate much? :rolleyes:

In High School everyone made such a big deal about that test... are CCNA, CCDA, CCNP CCDP and all of those Cisco tests better?
The Cisco tests cover something else (i.e., networking). A+ tests you on whether you can turn a computer on or not. (ok its not that simple but not a far stretch either :p). Unfortunately A+ is a requirement for MSCE :p

Turbo10

Did it before Christmas its fairly easy you just have to revise. The first exam which is 701 is by far the easiest, 702 however needs a bit more revision. But don't worry about it mate you will do fine :)

Troncoso

VIP Member
Did it before Christmas its fairly easy you just have to revise. The first exam which is 701 is by far the easiest, 702 however needs a bit more revision. But don't worry about it mate you will do fine :)

I'm sure after 6 years he's finally ready to take the test. Haha

Man, I went and applied for a job at intrex. They made me take a 20 question knowledge test.... I can't believe how much I've forgotten!

When troubleshooting a machine you can visually inspect the motherboard for ________, a common defect which causes the machine to be unstable....

WTF!?!? I'm an idiot. I've never had to or heard of, inspecting the mobo for any visual troubleshooting give away.

Turbo10

I'm sure after 6 years he's finally ready to take the test. Haha

Man, I went and applied for a job at intrex. They made me take a 20 question knowledge test.... I can't believe how much I've forgotten!

When troubleshooting a machine you can visually inspect the motherboard for ________, a common defect which causes the machine to be unstable....

WTF!?!? I'm an idiot. I've never had to or heard of, inspecting the mobo for any visual troubleshooting give away.

lol my bad i didnt even see the date of the thread if he still hasnt done the A+ then i dont think computers is for him haha

Method9

The thread bumper is a spammer according my Google translate interpretation and the OP is MIA since 2005.

Since it's been bumped, I'm about to start studying for my A+. I'm should be receiving a used book from Amazon tomorrow. I intend to study 3-6 weeks for both exams and just read the book cover-to-cover/take the enclosed practice exams.

Brucew0619

Hardcore? Punk? or
" * hard core, the members of a group or movement who form an intransigent nucleus resistant to change
* hard core, material such as stones and broken bricks used as the foundation for buidings, roads etc" (From wiki)?

Status
Not open for further replies.