A few key questions before I buy a new computer

teamzerosc

New Member
Hey guys I am familiar with working on computers but I would say I am a noob still. When I am at college this next month I won't have a tv so I was thinking about getting a 19" HDTV such as the one in this link. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Apex-19-LCD-HDTV-LD1919/sem/rpsm/oid/213155/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Would that let me watch tv/play xbox 360/be on computer easily? Would I be able to switch from each without doing much?

Also, if I keep the video card that comes with the computer can I buy another one from newegg.com and have them run simultaneously?

For Example: It has a 256mb video card and I buy a 512mb video card can I run them so it is 768mb of video memory?

Thanks for the help guys.
 
Yes, I'm sure it does. Make sure it has a DVI port (the new PC display port that's white and rectangular) and has the regular TV ports. I'm not really clear if the TV has VGA ports or not.

I don't own a TV because of personal preferences so I don't know about the TV part.
 
Also, if I keep the video card that comes with the computer can I buy another one from newegg.com and have them run simultaneously?

For Example: It has a 256mb video card and I buy a 512mb video card can I run them so it is 768mb of video memory?

Thanks for the help guys.

Nope. If you want them working *together*, they need to be SLI'd or Xfired, in which case the cards have to be identical and you need a MoBo that supports either. However, you can use both to output separate images i.e. for a multiple monitor setup.
 
Build a custom computer with the help of somebody. It ends up being so much better and much more affordable.
 
Build a custom computer with the help of somebody. It ends up being so much better and much more affordable.

if you can find the parts to build a custom computer with 4gb ddr ram/512 mb video card/quad core processor/over 400 gb hard drive and is equivalent or better than this for a cheaper price than can you post up all of the links from newegg to the items?
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Gate...07698/catOid/-12962/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
That is the computer I was looking at.

It would be very considerate of you do to that because I will in fact build my first computer if you persuade me. :D
 
Back
Top