a few questions about parts

acerman

i got a acer aspire 3023wmli ( u can see the pec in my signature) i was woundering i am going to upgrade the ram. i also want to upgrade 1 of the hard drives. is the one i want 2.5"? i also was woundering if i could upgrade the graphics card wat are my choices? and last but not least is it posible upgrade the cpu no plans but i was just woundering and wat could i upgrade that to.

ino you will say just by a new computer but i want to do it this way :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
You can get a faster RPM HDD to improve performance, but it also takes more from your battery life.

Upgrading RAM is pretty easy, jsut make sure it's the right speed and type. Some laptops are picky on brand but that's usually not a problem.

More often than not upgrading the graphics card is a possibility, but it has some rules to it. Certain cards don't work in certain laptops...and since every make/model laptop is different in size it's hard to determine hwat cards will/wont work.

spamdos

for a laptop upgrading graphics card is a very difficult task. i dont no where you could get one for starters. the laptop will probably only have two ram slots so you will have to sell one or both of your sticks. i wouldnt go over a gig of ram though.

Advitiya Saxena

1. R the HDD in RAID config? check if the new one suppor it.

2. I dont think u will be able to upgrade the Graphicx card.

3. Memory upgrade is cheap n recommended. GO to crucial website to easily no the right parameter of the RAM ur system will need. BUy good quality RAM

Advitiya Saxena

if ur system has more than one HDD then it may be in RAID config for super faster DATA access like servers. Look into this matter b4 buying a new HDD.

Geoff

VIP Member
check on ebay for laptop parts, they have tons of stuff. I've also seen some graphics cards on there, although there not really newer ones.

Lax

VIP Member
if ur system has more than one HDD then it may be in RAID config for super faster DATA access like servers. Look into this matter b4 buying a new HDD.
Not on a laptop it ain't.

Advitiya Saxena

It is a Pentium 4 775 Processor running at 3.6 Ghz, 1 Gig(2X512mb), 120 Gig 7200RPM HD(2X60Gig Raid 0), 256MB ATI D900T video card, 17" SXGA screen + built-in web camera, and mic. DVD +/-RW, 8 channel 7.1 built in sound, with sub. 7in1 card slot, DVI, S-video in/out, CATV, 4USB, 2 Firewire, and a PS and parallel port, but who uses those anymore? XP home is installed, but I do have Pro, which I got for this computer, that I am willing to include for you to install yourself. Other software added: Alien Respawn, Office Pro, Norton Internet Security (Anti-virus, firewall, anti-spam, security controls, parental controls), Spysweeper, Ad-Aware, Guild Wars, Sid Meiers Pirates, SimCity 4 Deluxe, and a few other stuff. Accessories: shoulder case, and 2 back packs. They are all for 17" laptops, which I obviously wont need anymore. Extra Battery, External Floppy drive, Alienware mouse pad, wireless mouse, Targus Docking Station, laptop Cooling pad, and if you really want the Alienware T-Shirt that came with it, you can have it, but it has been used a lot more than the computer.

source : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Alienware...04719604QQcategoryZ101271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Advitiya Saxena

17" Widescreen SXGA+ W/CAM LCD with Alienware CLEARVIEW Technology.
P4 3.6 GHZ 1MB 800FSB Processor.
1 GB PC4200 Dual channel DDR2 Ram.
NVIDIA DDR3 6800-Go 256MB Graphics Card.
Two Hitachi 7200rpm 60 GB hard drives configured in Raid-0 for extreme speed. (Most laptop HD's are 5400rpm in a non-raid configuration.)
8X DVD+/-RW Drive
802.11A/B/G INTERNAL MINI PCI WIRELESS ADAPTER
SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS PCMCIA

source: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alienware-Are...04198683QQcategoryZ101271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

alanuofm

VIP Member
Advitiya Saxena said:
It is a Pentium 4 775 Processor running at 3.6 Ghz, 1 Gig(2X512mb), 120 Gig 7200RPM HD(2X60Gig Raid 0), 256MB ATI D900T video card, 17" SXGA screen + built-in web camera, and mic. DVD +/-RW, 8 channel 7.1 built in sound, with sub. 7in1 card slot, DVI, S-video in/out, CATV, 4USB, 2 Firewire, and a PS and parallel port, but who uses those anymore? XP home is installed, but I do have Pro, which I got for this computer, that I am willing to include for you to install yourself. Other software added: Alien Respawn, Office Pro, Norton Internet Security (Anti-virus, firewall, anti-spam, security controls, parental controls), Spysweeper, Ad-Aware, Guild Wars, Sid Meiers Pirates, SimCity 4 Deluxe, and a few other stuff. Accessories: shoulder case, and 2 back packs. They are all for 17" laptops, which I obviously wont need anymore. Extra Battery, External Floppy drive, Alienware mouse pad, wireless mouse, Targus Docking Station, laptop Cooling pad, and if you really want the Alienware T-Shirt that came with it, you can have it, but it has been used a lot more than the computer.

source : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Alienware...04719604QQcategoryZ101271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you're gonna need like 3 12 cell batteries if you want to run that thing for more than a few hours.